- This event has passed.
Grants Gone Wild (In the BEST Way)
June 20 @ 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
The competition for grant funding is fierce, so this session will focus first on the most modern best practices to get that grant…by submitting a smart, accurate and “best foot forward” proposal.
Facilitated by successful grant strategist, author, and Sanford Institute of Philanthropy at National Leadership Institute Instructor Kirsten Stevens of the Kannico Agency, this workshop includes exercises and time for Q & A. We’ll explore topics like:
– Keeping current with grantmaking “trends”
– New research tools & techniques
– Tips on what NOT to include in grant proposals (via sample proposal questions)
– Examples of grants gone wrong (and right!)
– The language of an LOI
– Best budgets & financials to include
– Discussion of hot topics like “Should you create a program to fit a grant opportunity?”
This class is most helpful for those who are beginning or intermediate level grant writers… OR… those experienced grant writers who need a refresher or motivator. Join us for a look at contemporary grant guidelines and a session to help keep your brain fueled & fired up for your next deadline!
- October 18 @ 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- October 24 @ 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- October 30 @ 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- November 14 @ 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- November 14 @ 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.